After we released the multiplayer lobby for The Settlers 3 last week, we are happy to announce that we just enabled the lobby for The Settlers 4 & The Settlers 7 History Edition.
Every multiplayer game created will appear in the overview and as long as open slots are available, other players will be able to join.
Additionally, we deployed a small patch for The Settlers 3 History Edition:
- Limited the characters that can be used in the game name field to ASCII
- Fixed an issue where map names where cycling through in the lobby overview
If you want to help us test the lobbies for The Settlers 5 or 6 History Edition before they go live, feel free to do so by following this small guide:
- Choose the game from your library and click on “properties”
- In the category “game version” click on “unlock a test version” and enter this code:
- The Settlers 5 History Edition: “TheSettlers5LobbyTest”
- The Settlers 6 History Edition: “TheSettlers6LobbyTest”
- You will now be able to select “Lobby Test” as alternative version – this one is connected to the lobby server.
- Once the test version files are downloaded, please restart Uplay PC to ensure all files are updated correctly
If you have other feedback about the lobby, we would like to hear from you in the comments below.